3. There is a $50 deductible.
Cellular Telephone Protection Guide to BenefitEffective 9/1/06
What is Cellular Telephone Protection?
Subject to the terms and conditions provided in this Guide to Benefit, Cellular Telephone Protection will reimburse the Wells Fargo® credit card cardholder (the “Cardholder”, also referred to as “You” or “Your”) for damage to or theft of Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephones. Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephones are limited to the primary line and up to the first two secondary, additional, or supplemental lines as listed on Your cellular provider’s monthly billing statement for the billing cycle preceding the month in which the theft or damage occurred. Cellular Telephone Protection is subject to a fifty dollar ($50.00) deductible per claim and a maximum of two (2) claims per twelve (12) month period. The maximum benefit limit is $100.00 per claim and $200.00 per twelve (12) month period.
Who is eligible for this protection?
To be eligible for Cellular Telephone Protection, You must be a valid Cardholder of an eligible U.S.-issued Wells Fargo credit card and charge Your monthly Cellular Wireless Telephone bills to Your covered Wells Fargo card. Following the program effective date set forth above, Your Cellular Telephone Protection begins the first day of the calendar month following the payment of the Cellular Wireless Telephone bill using an eligible Wells Fargo card. If a Cardholder fails to make a Cellular Wireless Telephone bill payment in a particular month, the Cellular Telephone Protection is suspended until the first day of the calendar month following the date of any future Cellular Wireless Telephone bill payment with an eligible card while the Cellular Telephone Protection Benefit continues to be offered.
What type of protection is this?
Cellular Telephone Protection is supplemental to and excess of, valid and collectible insurance or indemnity (including, but not limited to, Cellular Wireless Telephone insurance programs, homeowner’s, renter’s, automobile, or employer’s insurance policies). After all insurance or indemnity has been exhausted, Cellular Telephone Protection will cover the damage or theft up to $100 per claim subject to the terms, conditions, exclusions, and limits of liability of this benefit as well as the fifty dollar ($50.00) deductible. The maximum limit of liability is $100 per claim occurrence, and $200 per twelve (12) month period. You will receive no more than the purchase price less your fifty dollar ($50.00) deductible as recorded on Your submitted receipt.
What is not covered?
- Cellular Wireless Telephone accessories other than standard battery and/or standard antenna provided by the manufacturer.
- Cellular Wireless Telephones purchased for resale, professional, or commercial use.
- Cellular Wireless Telephones that are lost or “mysteriously disappear.” “Mysterious disappearance” means the vanishing of an item in an unexplained manner where there is absence of evidence of a wrongful act by a person or persons.
- Cellular Wireless Telephones under the care and control of a common carrier (including, but not limited to, U.S. Postal Service, airplanes, or delivery service).
- Cellular Wireless Telephones stolen from baggage unless hand-carried and under Your personal supervision, or under the supervision of Your traveling companion who is previously known to You.
- Cellular Wireless Telephones stolen from a construction site.
- Cellular Wireless Telephone which has been rented, leased, borrowed or Cellular Wireless Telephones that are received as part of a pre-paid plan.
- Cosmetic damage to the Cellular Wireless Telephone or damage that does not impact the Cellular Wireless Telephone’s ability to make or receive phone calls.
- Damage or theft resulting from abuse, intentional acts, fraud, hostilities of any kind (including, but not limited to, war, invasion, rebellion, or insurrection), confiscation by the authorities, risks of contraband, illegal activities, normal wear and tear, flood, earthquake, radioactive contamination, or damage from inherent product defects or vermin.
- Damage or theft resulting from misdelivery or voluntary parting with the Cellular Wireless Telephone.
- Replacement Cellular Wireless Telephone not purchased from a cellular service provider’s retail or Internet store.
- Taxes, delivery and transportation charges and any fees associated with the service provider.
more info and "small print" at: www.wellsfargo.com
to apply for a Wells Fargo Credit Card: www.wellsfargo.com
for info on cell phones see: Editor's Choice Review