This robot-car made with the new LEGO Mindstorms NXT Robotics Invention System automatically parks itself if it detects enough space between two objects. It has an ultrasonic sensor that detects the length of free spaces. Then, when it detects enough space, it makes the necessary movments to park. And when you say "GO!" it returns to the road.
LEGO Mindstorms, named Consumer Electronics Show Editor's Choice by Popular Mechanics magazine now comes with a 32-bit processor, redesigned sensors, Bluetooth and more.
* LEGO's newest robot-building kit, with greatly improved functionality
* 32-bit command center with large LCD, USB 2.0 and Bluetooth interfaces that allow robots to walk, talk and interact with their environment
* Technic blocks ("studless legos") create a more human, less boxy look
* Intuitive GUI and drag-and-drop icons are PC- and Mac-friendly
* Redesigned touch and light sensors, new sound sensor and ultrasonic sensor
* Now with three motors – redesigned for smoother, more reliable operation
* 6-wire digital cables for more precise connections
* 5 main themes (8 different models) – Vehicle: Roverbot, Animal, Scorpio; Machine: Robotic Arm; Human: Humanoid; Gadgets: Clock, Music, Game and Movers
* Models are all built within the LEGO Technic System
* 571 pieces
* Quickstart Guide helps you build a robot ready for action within 30 minutes
* Model-specific building instructions, tips and tricks, testing methods and programming options
* Easy-to-use software
* Test panel
The power of the LEGO building system, an intelligent command center and easy-to-use, drag and drop programming software unleash the power of your robot-building imagination.